Emerging Technology Resources from Chariot Solutions
Podcasts, screencasts, and useful content from Chariot Solutions, leaders in application development and training in web, mobile, and application integration services.
May 2013 – ETE Content rolling out now
Well, if you haven’t taken a look at our 2013 Philly Emerging Tech category page, you’re sincerely missing out. Here are the first ten screencasts, a keynote, and a podcast, all available from our ETE 2013 Content menu:
- Philly ETE Screencast #1 – 2013 Enterprise Hack-a-thon Launch
- Philly ETE Screencast #2 – The Cable Company does Continuous What?
- Philly ETE Screencast #3 – Ken Schwaber – The Path to Agility
- Philly ETE Screencast #4 – Yehuda Katz on the Ember.js application framework
- Philly ETE Screencast #5 – Charlie Hunt – The Fundamentals of JVM Tuning
- Philly ETE Screencast #6 – Alex Miller – Clojure: Enemy of the State
- Philly ETE Screencast #7 – Doug Lea – Engineering Concurrent Library Components
- Philly ETE Screencast #8 – The Future of the JVM – Panel Discussion
- Philly ETE Screencast #9 – Exploring the Internals of Active Record – Aaron Patterson
- Philly ETE Screencast #10 – Fail Fast – Tumblr’s evolving architecture – Ken Little
- Philly ETE Keynote Screencast – Claudia Perlich – The Big Data Revolution
And more to come…
April 2013 – Emerging Tech 2013 Content coming online
We had another great ETE conference this year, and we’ve recorded tons of content. You’ll see it coming online in over the coming months, mostly in the screencasts section, but also some content will begin to appear as podcasts. We’ve set up a feed for this content, so please enjoy.
Updated Media for February 2013
We’ve published both a podcast episode and a screencast, both content hosted by Chariot Solutions.
First, we have a screencast of Stuart Sierra’s presentation at our Science of Big Data event last month. He discusses how to approach managing large sets of data, especially time-based, in his talk about Breaking Down Big Data with Datomic.
Next up, we have a podcast recording of a session from our early Fall 2012 Continuous Integration event. This is Joel Confino, speaking about moving a large-scale development shop to a Continuous Integration envrionment, and some lessons learned along the way – listen to his podcast, On Gaining Competitive Advantage with CI.
Don’t forget, you can use our search box to dig into podcasts, screencasts and other media from the past five years…
Technologies we’re watching – January 2013
Our consultants have put together a list of technologies we’re watching closely as we come around to 2013.
Some of the Science of Big Data screencasts are now available here from our recent event at the Quorum in Philadelphia, which featured Relevance’s Stuart Sierra, Boundary’s Cliff Moon, Philly CDO Mark J. Headd, Basho’s Tom Santero, and our own Andrew Oswald and Comcast’s Josh Angotti discussing a real-world Hadoop implementation.
Talks from Tom Santero, Andrew Oswald and Josh Angotti, and Mark Headd are online now.
Podcast Interview – Rod Johnson on the TechCast!
Recently Ken Rimple and Michael Pigg had the chance to sit down with Rod Johnson, who recently retired his post at SpringSource/VMware and switched his focus to Scala. You can listen to both podcasts, Episode 74, which is a review of his time at SpringSource and the legacy left there, or listen in Episode 75 to how he’s switched over, and what he thinks right now, of Scala. Check both episodes for links to discounts on training in both Spring and Scala in the month of January.
Coming in February, we’ll also have two podcasts from a recent event on continuous integration and Maven, featuring Jason Van Zyl and our own Joel Confino.
Our most recent Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise Conference was a huge smash again, and we’re working on getting the content to you. Here are some of more than 25 screencasts to get your appetite whetted:
- ETE 2012 – Daniel Spiewak – Horrors of Static Typing
- ETE 2012 – Yehuda Katz – Ember.js: Attacking Boilerplate Where it Lives
- ETE 2012 – Doug Bellenger – Case Study: Creating a Cross Platform Experience
- ETE 2012 – Chris Converse – Advanced Techniques in Responsive Web Experiences
Chariot TechCast Podcast
The Chariot TechCast represents four years and still counting of podcast interviews with open source leaders. Hosted by Ken Rimple, Chariot’s Director of Education Services, and author of Manning’s Spring Roo in Action”.
- TechCast #77 – Adobe’s Fil Maj on PhoneGap and Cordova.io – cross-platform Mobile
- TechCast Special Event – Announcing the 2013 Philly Enterprise Hackathon Contest
- TechCast #76 – AngularJS with authors Lukas Ruebbelke and Brian Ford
- TechCast #75 – Interview with Rod Johnson Part 2 – Focus on Scala
Chariot Developer News Podcast
The Chariot Developer News is our semi-regular (depending on availability) developer news episodes. More “brown bag” than professionally produced, these shows are all about what are on our developers’ minds.
- DevNews #46 – a bevy of Chariot blog entries for your developer fiber
- DevNews #45 – Rod Johnson leaves VMware, FuseSource acquired by RedHat, more…
- DevNews #44 – Grails, Griffon, Apache Tika, our favorite developer tools and more
- DevNews #43 – Programming wisdom, videos, grails, Roo, Heroku, SQL sharing and more
We also host an occasional series on business issues called the Chariot Business Podcast.
- BizCast #5 – Mobile Application Developer Seminar – Don Coleman on State of the Art
- BizCast #4 – Open Source Project Selection Part 2 with Joel Confino
- BizCast #3 – Joel Confino on Open Source Software selection – licensing
- BizCast #2 – KYW NewsRadio’s Steve Butler on Social Media
- BizCast #1 – Sean Blanda of TechnicallyPhilly.com
The Super Feeds
If you love podcasts, and oh how we love them too, you may want to just keep up with all of them in one handy feed. We have you covered – the Super Feed. This is a feed of all of our Podcasts, and it is available now in the iTunes store and via RSS.